London & Provincial Collie club
General Code of Ethics
All members of the London & Provincial Collie club undertake to abide by its general Ethics.
Club Members: Membership Application Form
1. Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs within their care, arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2. Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation to any of their dogs which alters the natural confirmation of the animal, or carries out a caesarean section on a bitch, will report such operation to the Kennel Club.
3. Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the current Breed Standard should be placed into suitable homes.
4. Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
5. Will not create demand for, nor supply puppies that have been illegally docked.
6. Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch, which may be harmful to either or the Breed.
7. Will not allow any dog in there care to roam at large or cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official business.
8. Will ensure that their dogs wear a property tagged collar or micro chipped, and will be kept under control when away from their home.
9. Make sure that they clean up after their dog at all times in public places.
10. When selling a dog all reasonable actions have been taken to make sure that: the dog will have a happy healthy life. Should the owner’s circumstances change help with the re-homing of the dog.
11. Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance when placing a dog into a new home.
12. Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog. Will agree in writing to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity.
13. Will not sell any dog to a commercial dog wholesaler, known puppy farmer, retail pet dealer or for auction.
14. Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed, nor falsely advertise dogs, mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
Breach of any of the above provisions may result in the expulsion from the club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club.
This could result in legal action being taken as appropriate.